Applying for Accommodations
The process for requesting accommodations is a multi-step process initiated by the student.
Registration with Disability Service is the first step toward receiving reasonable accommodations for which you may qualify. It is important that you register each semester and that you keep your documentation on file and current with regards to your specific disability.
You must register online on the form below. Once your registration is complete you will receive an e-mail to schedule an appointment to complete the paperwork and receive your accommodation letter. Please arrive prior to your meeting and set aside time to discuss any and all accommodations and services available to you through the Thomas More Success Center, Disability Service, and other college offices.
- Initiate a request for accommodations via Disability Services Registration
- Include the required documentation. Click here for documentation requirements.
- Watch your e-mail, you will receive a meeting time and date to discuss the accommodations and receive the paperwork you will need to distribute.
- Communicate with your professors, distribute the accommodation letter and return the acknowledgment form to disabilities office
- You are set, keep in mind you may have to request items throughout the term such as scheduling a test, alternative format materials etc.
- You, as the student, are responsible for disclosing the disability information and requesting accommodations.
- Begin the process early, you will need to provide documentation which may take the time for you to collect.
- Be proactive, you will need to request accommodations every term. Remember to request them early.
- You will need to provide the accommodation letter to each professor at the beginning of the term. Set aside time to discuss your needs with them.
- Be informed about Disability Service and TMU policies and procedures. You will need to request ongoing accommodations such as scheduling test, requesting alternative format material, or facility changes.
- Be your best advocate, remember to stay in communication with key people, disability service staff, your professors, etc.
333 Thomas More Way
Crestview Hills, KY 41017
859-344-3609 – fax