Applying for Accommodations
The process for requesting accommodations is a multi-step process initiated by the student.
- Initiate a request for accommodations via the website
- Include the required documentation. Click here for more information.
- Watch your e-mail, you will receive a meeting time and date to discuss the accommodations and receive the paperwork you will need to distribute.
- Communicate with your professors, distribute the accommodation letter and return the acknowledgment form to disabilities office
- You are set, keep in mind you may have to request items throughout the term such as scheduling a test, alternative format materials etc.
- You, as the student, are responsible for disclosing the disability information and requesting accommodations.
- Begin the process early, you will need to provide documentation which may take the time for you to collect.
- Be proactive, you will need to request accommodations every term. Remember to request them early.
- You will need to provide the accommodation letter to each professor at the beginning of the term. Set aside time to discuss your needs with them.
- Be informed about Disability Service and TMU policies and procedures. You will need to request ongoing accommodations such as scheduling test, requesting alternative format material, or facility changes.
- Be your best advocate, remember to stay in communication with key people, disability service staff, your professors, etc.
333 Thomas More Way
Crestview Hills, KY 41017
859-344-3609 – fax