Working closely with the student, parent/guardian, educational specialists, and/or diagnosticians the ILD can assess the individual student’s level of academic ability and provide the necessary services to ensure the best possible outcomes for academic success at Thomas More University. With the creation of an individual learning plan, the strategic learning specialists are able to provide students with the tools needed to meet the academic demands of higher education. Being in the small liberal art’s university environment Thomas More provides a caring supportive community focusing on student development and success which allows them to thrive as they work to reach their full academic potential.
While the program is designed for students who have a primary diagnosis of ADHD, language-based learning disability, or ASD yet have otherwise normal intellectual ability it may serve other qualified students.
Services may include:
- Strategic Learning Specialist Support
- Individualized Learning Plan
- Executive Function Skills Development
- Academic Support Services/Professional Tutoring
- Social Skills Development
- Self-Advocacy Coaching
- Educational Assistive Technology
- Life Skills Development
- Learning Communities
- Academic Monitoring/Early Intervention System
*Services are fee-based and contingent upon enrollment into the program. Accommodation with the compliance of section 504 of the Rehabilitation act are offered to all qualified students at no additional charge.
The Institute for Learning Differences (ILD) is designed for students with a diagnosed learning difference who have at least average intellectual learning abilities. This fee-based program provides best practices and researched-based approaches to best support those students striving for college success. To ensure our team is fully prepared to best serve the students in the program, the applications are carefully evaluated to identify whose needs best match the services offered by the ILD. All applicants must submit supporting documents as well as an application for admissions to Thomas More University.
- Application to the Institute for Learning Difference (DOC / PDF)
- Copies of Psychoeducational Testing, ETR or MFE – including diagnosis
- School History Form (DOC / PDF)
- Handwritten Essay
- $30 non-refundable application fee
- Application to Thomas More – must be completed to be considered for participation in the ILD
- ILD interview – Call to schedule
- FERPA form – upon acceptance; optional
In compliance with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Thomas More provides reasonable academic accommodations to meet the needs of eligible individuals at no charge. Thomas More University is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, age, or national origin in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity which it conducts, or in any employment policy or practice.
Institute for Learning Differences
Thomas More University
333 Thomas More Parkway
Crestview Hills, KY 41017
* Accommodations in compliance with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 are offered to the student at no charge. Please see disability services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.